Pretty and Witty and Fey

Just my pursuit of all the pretty things.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream.

Now that is a lot of words for one scrumptious cupcake. Yesterday was Memorial Day and I have much to say about that holiday that I will leave for another post! As I was still feeling a little mad about the world in general, I decided to shake off the funk with a little baking. Baking something always makes me feel gentler, kinder and a little more human. I had seen this recipe on the half baked blog and decided a wet Monday in Washington was the day to unleash it!

Upon first reading, I thought it would be a little more difficult than it ended up being. Just make sure you have all the ingredients prepped and ready to go. It came together quickly and the cupcakes were unbelievably good. More compliments on these babies than most others I have made. The Buttercream gave me a few fits but I think that was more about my short temper than anything else! The only thing I changed about the recipe was I omitted the rum as a) I don't like rum and b) I had no rum in the house!

So here are the end results - I highly recommend them and if you were here, I would be sure to let you sample!



Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sigszilla said...

And, yes, they were delicious.

That is all.

June 1, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home