Pretty and Witty and Fey

Just my pursuit of all the pretty things.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Blueberry Cupcakes

I saw these cupcakes



on the Bon Appetite website and was instantly smitten. I woke up this morning and saw a bag of blueberries I had frozen last week and decided today was the day to make these beauties.

They were very simple to make and the cake tastes like a light muffin with massive bursts of blueberry punch. Indeed a yummy cake. The frosting, however, was not so good. I followed the recipe but it tasted like sweet sand - not a taste I could go with. I decided to just make a good old fashioned cream cheese frosting. When the frosting was all ready, I threw in a handful of frozen blueberries and mixed them in really quickly. The frosting was amazing with these little pieces of blueberry interspersed amongst the sweetness of the frosting - I was so proud!!

Here are the end results




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home