Pretty and Witty and Fey

Just my pursuit of all the pretty things.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pumpkin Bread


I purchased these beautiful treat bags from this etsy shop and they were just begging to be used this weekend. I knew I wanted to try making pumpkin bread and I knew I had enough people to warrant baking 6 little mini loaves so away I went! The house smells like fall right now which is a good thing as fall has surely found its way to the Pacific Northwest. It is rainy and windy and generally yucky outside, but I could not be happier. I like fall! I love coming inside and making pies, breads, cakes and casseroles. It is a respite after having spent the past few months not wanting to switch the oven on.

I used the recipe from Martha Stewarts baking book and it was a very easy recipe to pull together. It probably took 10 minutes of actual hands on time and the end result was excellent. I gave away two loaves to neighbors and two have been wrapped and placed in the freezer for consumption at a later date. I had never had pumpkin bread before so I wasn't sure how it was supposed to look or taste but the lovely husband was ready to give an enthusiastic thumbs up!

I finally succumbed to temptation and had a slice toasted with a slather of cream cheese on the top. I am a convert - it was excellent. It reminds me of gingerbread and I am good with that!

So now I have to fulfill an order for banana bread and the bananas are sufficiently ripe so away I go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home