Pretty and Witty and Fey

Just my pursuit of all the pretty things.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Yves Saint Laurent


Bonne nuit Génie. Nous vous avons aimés et maintenant nous disons au revoir. Paix

I have always had a fondness for this man and his work. He embodied all that was French to me at a very young age. I watched my mother wear his clothes and they brought something out in her that was not always apparent. A sophistication that she allowed to emerge on special occasions. She was always beautiful and fabulous and robust in that wonderful earthy Italian way, but then she would slip into something with YSL on the label and French chick with a pout would emerge. I did not inherit this chameleon like ability but I sure enjoyed watching her. I also grew a foot taller than her so all her fabulous clothes went to my two petite sisters - c'est la vie!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home